Scott 238,239,240 and 241A printing variants

Home Forums FlySpecker Scott 238,239,240 and 241A printing variants

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      cec71
      Participant

Please note that it has the same other “specs” – a dot on the base of “2”, a small light spec between “1” and the head. So it appears that it’s not an oddity but a consistent flaw.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Jeff.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      cec71
      Participant

Shown in the scan are printing errors on the following stamps. Whether they are miscellaneous fly specks or true printing variants will depend on collector verification. Scott 238, 3R: white spot under nose. Scott 239, 4R:missing upper right ear. Scott 240, 5R: blue dots to right of 2, botton of first C, top of second C, bottom of loop of P. 241A, 5R:narrow bottom of 9, top of 2.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      RSFSR
      Participant

The 3R flaw occurs on position #39 of the sheet with PN 2 in the top right corner. Note the right frame line flaw too.

RSFSR
      Participant

The 5R flaw occurs in position #66 of the sheet with PN 2 (bottom left)

RSFSR
      Participant

20R flaw occurs in position #51 on the sheet with the inscription ‘ ….amerikanka No 9’

RSFSR
      Participant

I had no success in finding the 4R flaw (and I did look at several hundred right ears …)

Unhinged
      Blocked

Heads up! An ear-y story. I look forward to “hearing” more.

Long live our flyspeckers! I’m not up to doing it myself, but I do like this kind of stuff.

RSFSR
      Participant

cec71 – thanks for the challenges … most interesting!

GregMirsky
      Participant

I went through all my sheets/panes of 4 Rub stamps and did not find this specific flyspec. I got couple “broken left ears”, but they “broken” in different way, not like the one at the beginning of this thread.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.